REQUESTING YOUR SUPPORT
From the beginning of May until April, we cooked over 22,000 plates of plant-based food and delivered them to our partner organisations for distribution to homeless and ethnic minorities in Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, South Ayrshire and Edinburgh as a response to the COVID19 crisis. We were very honoured to work with the following partners during this period:
The Marie Trust', 'Help for the Homeless', 'The Homeless Project', 'Glasgow Night Shelter', 'B.J.O Amara Association', 'Blue Triangle', 'Wallace of Campsie House', 'Hillcrest Futures' and 'Streetsmart'
In March we did 2,039 plates helping elderly and vulnerable, those self-isolating and unable to access services, low-income families or individuals, frontline workers, anyone else in difficulty.
Our hot healthy and nutritious food helps to boost immunity and reduce the need to get daily meals in ways which would increase the risks. Currently, we provide our services to:
1) 'B.J.O Amara Association', 'Go Dharmic' and 'Springburn Parish Church' organisations that are serving various vulnerable communities in Glasgow to meet their demands for hot food.
2) Local communities in South Lanarkshire in Lanark, Larkhall, Carluke, Lesmahagow, Kirkmuirhill, Auchenheath, Blackwood, Rigside, Douglas Water, Douglas and Coalburn areas. If you live in any of these areas book a hot meal delivered to your door here.
We are very grateful to Route XL for providing us with their route planning software free of charge. It makes our food deliveries so much easier.
CLICK BELOW TO SUPPORT OUR EFFORTS WITH A ONE-OFF OR REGULAR DONATION.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
ISKCON Scotland is a charity dedicated to caring for people and the planet. Fueled by the dedication of our volunteers, we serve two main aims:
1) to improve people’s lives physically, emotionally and spiritually
2) to help our planet and the environment
CHECK OUT OUR CAUSES BELOW
It Starts With the Will to Make a Difference
DISTRIBUTING FREE FOOD TO PEOPLE WHO ARE HOMELESS OR ON LOW-INCOMES
We run a plant-based food relief "Food for Scotland" to
1) provide hot and nutritious meals for those in need
2) promote healthy diets which benefit people and the planet
WORKING LOCALLY TOWARDS A SUSTAINABLE PLANET
We run an eco farm near Glasgow where we:
1) provide education on how to grow vegetables in a sustainable way to help the earth
2) help people connect with nature to promote well-being
REQUESTING YOUR SUPPORT
By giving a donation you will be part of a cause which is changing the lives of so many vulnerable and helpless people. So if you feel moved by our project please support us with a one-off or a regular donation to ISKCON Scotland. We greatly appreciate your support.
"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together"